Hours: 50-60 hrs/week
Georgetown Events is looking for an experienced, motivated and friendly Restaurant Manager to join our summer team early May to mid October 2023. This role is a direct assistant to the General Manager in day to day operations of Millie’s Nantucket and responsible for all applicable shift responsibilities to include: hosting, serving tables, making drinks, running food, busing tables, expediting takeout orders, etc.
An advanced ability to lead and motivate 150+ team members while nurturing positive working relationships is a must. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to manage people, professionally interact with guests, efficiently liaise between events and catering teams, and work open to close – May to mid October 2023.
This candidate must be proactive, solution-driven and comfortable managing multiple priorities simultaneously. If you have extensive front of house management experience in a fast paced, high-volume hospitality environment and you love working with great people, you could be an ideal candidate!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly oversee and manage all front of house and hourly restaurant team members
- Manage restaurant POS systems ( Toast, Square, & RESY)
RIGHT TO WORK: Must have legal right to work in the USA
LICENSE: Valid driver’s license required
VACCINATIONS: COVID-19 vaccination + boosters required
LANGUAGE: Must be fluent in English
- Extensive front of house experience in a fast paced, high-volume hospitality environment
- Demonstrated background in leadership & trustworthiness
- Excellent problem solving abilities & interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of Google Suite products (Docs, Sheets, Drive)
- Thorough knowledge of cash/credit transactions & handling
- The ability to procure any necessary health, food, and alcohol licenses
- The ability to transport/carry work related objects (up to 50 pounds)
- The ability to complete the job functions in a variety of temperature ranges, including cold temperatures in a cooler/freezer and warm temperatures in the kitchen & patio areas